Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sense and seedability

I will have a more substantive post soon, but here's a seed update.  Various spring crops (sorrel, radicchio, radishes, chard, spinach, arugula, beets, carrots, lettuce, dill and cilantro) were seeded directly in my veggie garden yesterday, along with seedling peas.  The earlier-seeded kale and other brassicas along with peas are coming up.  I am hoping for some cooler weather.

Have also started indoors: basil, tithonia, zinnia, hollyhock (more), shungiku (edible chrysanthemum), and catnip.

Had a fantastic first workday at the demo garden Tuesday, with much organizing of compost and shed junk.  I still only have the onions and peas planted, but hope to get more in next week.

Also, have ordered 1000 red wiggler worms for vermicomposting.  Must drill holes in bins and arrange them.  There will be pictures when the worms arrive.  (I'm warning you now.)


No comments:

Post a Comment