Thursday, June 15, 2017

Blooms in June

Our weather here in Maryland went from chilly to blazing hot this past week, and has now moderated a bit, but we're not getting the promised rain, so I need to go do a lot of watering. I've got a few minutes to share some flowers for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, though.

(An update to the last post: the berm is finished, and I've put in some available suckers of holly, viburnum, and pawpaw, small mahonia and redbud seedlings, and a few perennials. None of them may survive considering the weather, but I'm doing my best. I will put up photos soon, but they are likely to be boring.)

Here are some of the flowers blooming in my garden now:

Opuntia humifusa, Eastern prickly pear. Excited to have this doing well!
Lily, not sure I ever knew the name

Balsam. Grew this from seed - a curious old-fashioned flower.

Daylilies just starting to emerge

Spiderwort

Hollyhocks! Saved these from the deer with Milorganite.

Camomile. Time to make tea!

Nicotiana, self-seeded plants, lovely.

Phlox 'Cherry Caramel' - grew this from seed

A red yarrow whose variety I am too lazy to go look up

Thyme

Squash flower on one of the plants that came up behind the compost bins

Clary sage

Comfrey

Walking onions in bloom! These are the weirdest coolest plants.

Lavender is gorgeous everywhere

Valerian still going
I have a lot more flowers in June than I used to, which is great. Hope everyone is enjoying the blooms in their gardens!

5 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty blooms in a wide variety of colors!
    The prickly pear bloom reminds me of my mother who loved growing cacti
    Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always amazed at how delicate and pretty cactus blooms are. Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see the Clary sage, we used to have that but I guess one year it failed to seed itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want more June blooms like yours, although now that Bloom Day is over, more flowers are popping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, you have taken the photos quite beautifully, these flowers show that how colorful is nature. Thank you for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete