Friday, June 15, 2012

Bloom Day June

Time for another Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day, hosted by May Dreams Gardens!  Here's some of what's blooming in my garden this month.

Lots of very orange butterfly weed, with a bee.  I get seedlings every year now, so will be spreading this around.

Anise hyssop, with a bee.

And to complete the series, purple buddleia, with a bee.  I grew this from seed, believe it or not (the buddleia, not the bee).  I also grew the above two from seed, but that actually makes sense.

Stokes' aster, liking its new location better than being under a shrub.  Grew this from seed too.

The first Unwin's Dwarf dahlia flower from a tuber I missed in digging them up, which of course survived just fine.  Someone else grew these from seed.

This is some sort of campanula, I assume.  I got it at a plant swap where it was labeled "Blue-flowered ground cover." Not.

Elderberry, the bane of my existence, but it can't escape from where I have it now, ha.

Platycodon or balloon flower.  I am very fond of these, even though they all face my neighbor's yard along with everything else in that bed.  Grew these from seed originally too, but they have spread.

Common orange daylily, with blueberries.  Massive amounts of blueberries this year.  And of course massive amounts of daylilies.

One of many other daylilies.  I don't know what most of them are because (together now) I grew them from seed.

I didn't grow the lilies from seed, but I still can't identify them because they were part of a mix.

The magnolia is having one of its periodic reblooms.  St. John's Wort in the background.

My still-very-small lime tree is blooming!  Ants seem to like the flowers.

And finally, the wild and wacky petunias I planted in the window box on the deck railing.  What can I say, I saw them and yes I said yes I will Yes.

:)

Happy Bloom Day.

10 comments:

  1. aloha,

    what a wonderful tour of your garden, i love all colors, but that cool pansy in the end was unusual for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the bee/flower pictures. I am still working on that aspect of photography. I have that petunia also. What I don't have is a lime tree-impossible in upstate New York. Happy GBBD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bees very helpfully held still for me. And the lime tree goes inside in the winter!

      Delete
  3. Love those petunias, but I fear Ben would not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you could sneak a few in while he's not looking? :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for letting me have a stroll around your garden, my first visit. Loved the colour of the dahlia and the wild and wacky petunia is right up my street :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's funny that it seemed to be Red Day at everyone's gardens this month, and I only have that dahlia. Actually I have some daylilies the same color, just didn't photograph them.

      Delete
  5. I have a lemon tree which has gotten rather big. Last winter it was infested with some sort of scale bugs, but now that's it's outside, had several showers and a few treatments with a soap-based spray, it looks great.
    I think my newer iris got some sort of disease, I was reading about it, and the very, very mild and almost snowless winter here in NH is probably the reason. I don't know if I should just pull them all out and put something else in there. Not sure I want to try iris again, they really weren't as nice as the pictures even before they got sick.
    But my peonies have been glorious this year, dark and lighter pink, and many blooms. As for the EarthBox tomatoes, they are rapidly approaching jungle status, blooming and setting fruit. Must be the CO2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous blooms!! Your campanula looks like mine - I think it's called pantaloons.

    ReplyDelete